There is absolutely no question that many homeowners enjoy looking at beautiful holiday lights on the houses of their friends and neighbors. Many even want to create this look for their own home but are unsure of how to get started. The best, and safest way to ensure you have the perfect holiday display in your yard is to hire the professionals.
Custom designs, top-quality products, and on-going services are just a few of the many services that holiday lighting and décor professionals offer. While hiring someone to help with the design and installation of your holiday lights and décor may be a no-brainer, there are a few other considerations you have to make to ensure the holiday display you really want is created.
Types of Holiday Lights
There are two basic types of holiday lights. Considering the pros and cons of each one can help you find the one that is right for your home.
The first option is LED lighting. Some of the features of these lights include:
- The lights remain cool to the touch, regardless of how long they run
- Use 98% less energy than other lights
- Last between 7 and 10 years
- Cost more up front but provide long-term savings
- Offer the ability to add more lights to a single breaker
- Provide clear and bright colors
Incandescent lights were likely the type of holiday lights you have used in the past. However, these have a few more cons than the LED option, which include:
- Heat up to the point of creating a fire hazard
- Easily break if stepped on and susceptible to damage from moisture and dirt
- Costs more to run during the holiday season
- Only last for three months to one year
- Creates warm colors but fade quickly
- Fewer color options than LED lights
- Cheaper up front but cost more down the road
Pro-Grade Lights Vs. Box Store Lights Pro-Grade Lights
- Safety: Heavier gauge wire for increased safety and less chance of overload or fires.
- Rugged Design: Seals in each socket keep moisture and dirt out of sockets for years of use.
- Color: Clear, vibrant colors with more color options.
- Longevity: The average Pro-Grade LED strand lasts 8-15 years.
- Customizable: Can alter colors, switch out colors, or create a unique patter all custom cut to your home.
Box Store, Warehouse Lights
- Safety: Lowest quality gauge of wiring and fuses. Does increase fire risk and breaker overload.
- Durability: No seal in each socket allows water and moisture in. Moisture in the socket is the number one cause of failure in lights.
- Color: Less vivid, less lumens, not as bright.
- Longevity: Use is intended for 1-3 years.
- More affordable initially, but typically replace more frequently.
Do you remember the last time you installed holiday lighting and décor? Chances are you used methods that permanently damaged your home and property, such as staples or nails. This can impact the overall look and feel of your home’s façade. However, when you hire the professionals for the installation of your holiday lights and décor, they use non-invasive methods to ensure everything is secure and remains in place. This is true regardless of the material used on the exterior of your home, from brick and stucco to wood or vinyl siding.
When you go to traditional retail stores for holiday décor, you are going to see the same items that everyone else has access to. This doesn’t help you create a unique look for your home or property. However, when you use the services of the professionals, you have access to custom-made displays with fresh greenery and unique pots and urns. You can also have holiday lights that are custom designed for your home and property, based on your specifications. This type of custom design is simply not provided when you purchase pre-packaged décor.
If you are ready to minimize the stress and hassle of decorating your property and home this year, then enlist the services of the pros. You can let them know what you want, and then have peace of mind that you are in the hands of a professional, trained and experienced fully insured professional. Contact High Prairie Outdoors today.